CBD has become immensely popular in recent times, which is probably because of the move to legalize medical marijuana in most of the US states. The FDA even approved a CBD-based oral solution to treat seizures associated with epilepsy last year. This led to a revolutionary rise in the popularity of CBD pills, oils, and topical creams.
According to the FDA, “This approval serves as a reminder that advancing sound development programs that properly evaluate active ingredients contained in marijuana can lead to important medical therapies. And, the FDA is committed to this kind of careful scientific research and drug development.” Many studies have been conducted so far on the use of CBD and its safety, and it is found that the hemp compound can help in treating many different health problems. Researchers say that CBD can be a great natural alternative to patients who do not respond well to prescription medicines or experience serious side effects due to taking strong pharmaceutical drugs.
How CBD Can Improve your Life
Even though CBD is extracted from cannabis, it does not cause intoxication or euphoria. This is because hemp is almost free of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the compound that gives other cannabis products their psychoactive properties. This allows you to use CBD without the risk of getting “high”. Below is how CBD can help to improve the overall quality of your life.
- CBD can help with pain relief: Studies have found that CBD stimulates the endocannabinoid receptors in the brain, which helps to reduce pain and inflammation.
- CBD can help to treat acne: CBD has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which make it a great natural remedy to treat skin conditions like acne.
- CBD can help with insomnia: The most popular CBD products out there can improve the sleep quality of the users, which in turn works to manage insomnia.
- CBD can help cancer management: It is seen that CBD can help to deal with the side effects of chemotherapy and other cancer treatments, such as nausea, vomiting, pain, and loss of appetite.
- CBD can help to quit drugs: Some researchers have found that CBD can reduce cravings for nicotine and opioids, while also helping to prevent any serious withdrawal symptoms.
- CBD can help to treat depression: CBD has anxiolytic and antidepressant properties too, which can benefit to manage the symptoms of depression and anxiety issues.
- CBD can help to lower blood pressure: Studies say that CBD can help to ease stress and lower blood pressure, thereby reducing the risk of serious health conditions like heart attack and stroke.
- CBD is non-addictive: While many of the strong pharmaceutical drugs can lead to addiction, there are no such risks associated with using CBD for treating any health problem, be it for a short term or long term.